Sunday, June 08, 2008

FIRST CLASS FLIGHT

Okay, I have to admit it, I flew first class to Orlando for General Conference and I really enjoyed it. It was a real treat.

I was suppose to fly out on Friday but due to weather-related conditions my flight was postponed. I bought my original ticket as economy class. I was content to be the norm; most people fly economy class. I didn't see myself as worthy of 'those' treats.

Well, everything is different now. I have experienced the ultimate. Let me tell you about it.

I was first to board the plane. The flight attendant called me by name. They served my every need and more. I got a free drink - coffee. I ate a full course breakfast. It was a hot omlette, potato slices, orange juice, tea and ate it with real silverware. Wow! It was topped with a hot wash cloth. I wished that the flight was longer, I wanted to see what was for lunch.

Now what do I do? I will not afford to do this the next time. If it wasn't for the airline's free upgrade to first class, I would have been pressed into a small area next to a large, smelly man. I had so much room in first class.

What happened? I was made to feel special and needed. The people who sat behind me did not get as much attention as I did. It was easy to enjoy the attention i got. It way have even been easy to stay ahead of the other 100 people in the economy class. I think it would have been easy to have my seat held. I was confortable.

What is the take away from this experience? I can not stay first class. My flight home will be economy class. Perhaps my lesson in this is to recognize that while I may never fly first class I can say I have been there. For me, THE ISSUE IS ONE OF STEWARDSHIP!

Do I need all that attention? Not really. I am able to be content in the economy class.