Friday, July 04, 2008

My fathers garden

First picture is my grandparent's marker.

Second image is my father's garden.

I took a day off and traveled to see my parents one day this week. I am fortunate to still have both my parents living. My father is over 72 years old. He is a very active person.

He still splits his own firewood, mows his own lawn (which is nearly five acres), and grows a large garden. (see images)

My father and mother have worked hard their entire lives. I suppose that we all have learned the if you are going to succeed in life you will have to work hard. They led by example.

THE FATHER IN HEAVEN has also taught us of a work ethic. His word tells us in the Proverbs of this by reminding us of the blessings that we inherit from hard work. The fruit of our labor is His to give ultimately but as we work hard The Lord adds to it His blessing. We eventually see a harvest from our efforts.